Skip to main content

How to Overcome Shyness

Have you ever gotten this cliched  advice, "Just be Yourself!"
I am sure you must have.
This is the one cliched advise that everyone gets when they tell someone they trust that they feel shy in certain situations or in front of certain people.

When you get this advice, you can't help but to think that "I am being me, isn't it. By being shy, I am being myself. This is who I am."

Let me tell you, this is it. The real secret to overcoming shyness is shyness itself.

For example, who are sitting in class and someone you really like comes over and sits next to you. Now you are overcome with shyness and have no idea to do anything.
The secret is to let yourself be shy, let yourself suck. This is the way I am. So be it.

Or if you are about to speak to an audience. Just think, "Yes, this is me, I am nervous, I suck, I am not here to impress anyone."

Once you get this mental state, you will not believe how quickly your shyness will vanish. Just like that. The idea is to hit rock bottom. Once you hit rock bottom, there is no other way but to go back up.

This is the secret. Try it next time you are shy.

Comments

  1. [ Smiles ] Hmm. Shyness doesn't work for me.

    However, I do appreciate your trend of thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a teenager I was very shy, but not so much as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simple and great advice! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meditate your way to a Powerful Aura

In my last Blog post, I talked about how you can have a powerful Aura. And that is through feeling comfortable in your own skin. But feeling comfortable in your own skin is easier said than done. But do not fret, I am going to elucidate to you how you can do it in simple steps. This post is about meditation, and in Future posts, i will give some more tips. Meditate I am sure you all know meditation. But many do not know the surprising results of Meditation. Now I am not going to ask you to become some kind of monk or follow Buddha's way of meditation. What i am going to tell you is: Everyday for 5 minutes -sit somewhere (i prefer sofa because it is comfortable) -close your eyes -try and concentrate on your breathing This is it. Sounds simple but believe me it is very effective. What you are trying to achieve is stillness in your mind. This stillness and calm will remove all the negative traffic from your mind and clear the way for your Your Positive Waves to flow f

How to make your Aura Powerful

Have you ever come across someone whose mere presence puts kind of a spell on you. You can almost feel their magnetic waves affecting you. That is  because their aura is so powerful that they effect everyone around them. Some people might have it naturally, some many do not. But i believe that you can achieve this powerful aura. The secret to having a powerful aura is to feel comfortable in your own skin. It sounds simple, but trust me it is not easy. When i say feel comfortable in your own skin, i mean all the time. When you are standing, When you are talking, when you are laughing, When you are sitting, When you are walking, When you are chewing your gum; Yes, all the time. Once you feel comfortable in your skin you can have an irresistible personality.  You mustn't come across as someone who is insecure, someone who is trying to fit-in, someone who is trying to copy another.